Bridal jewelry is the key element that ties your outfit together on your special day. From the engagement ring to cuff links, these accessories are made to make a memorable finishing touch. Whether you're the bride or the groom, remember to keep the following dos and don'ts in mind when you're selecting the perfect jewelry pieces for the day of your dreams:
• Make a statement: Bridal jewelry is a reflection of the lasting commitment that you and your partner have made to each other, so feel free to declare it! Choose an engagement ring with a large stone, or a pair of dramatic chandelier earrings that match your dress.
• Coordinate metals: Create a streamlined look by ensuring that all of your fine jewelry is made of the same material. For example, if your rings are silver, make sure that any other jewelry that you plan to wear is also made of silver.
• Add special details: Your accessories deserve to be as unique as you and your relationship! Diamonds are a classic choice, and the right setting can really make it stand out, whether it's glittering from your engagement ring or lending some shimmer to your cuff links. Pearls can be equally impressive because their versatile nature allows you to dress them up or down depending on what suits your mood and the style of your wedding.
• Put it off: Bridal jewelry requires as much attention to detail as all of the other parts of your celebration. If you're requesting custom jewelry, it's important to understand how long it will take to have that made.
• Forget to accessorize your bridesmaids and groomsmen: Jewelry helps them complete their look, too! Let the bridesmaids pick fashion jewelry in stones that match their dresses. For your groomsmen, men's accessories such as a simple bracelet or tie clip can add an extra touch of sophistication.
• Compromise your personal style: Your wedding is a celebration of everything you love. Stay true to that spirit by only wearing jewelry that makes you happy.
Find your "something new" at Van Gundy Jewelers with our two conveniently located, family-run stores: one in Ventura, and the other in Camarillo, California. We offer celebrated brands such as Mastaloni Pearls and Hearts On Fire that are sure to fit the vision you have for your wedding.